Digital Healthcare's innovative conference programme will explore the latest digital technologies shaping healthcare transformation and interactive case studies to showcase their practical implementation. The conference platform enhances shared learning opportunities for the full healthcare decision making team - from CIOs and CCIOs to implementation teams and system users. Delegates can choose from a variety of speaker sessions relating to the key challenges, get insight into areas of change and development and discover how their peers both in the UK and abroad have tackled digital transformation across the sector.
BE INSPIRED TO PUSH BOUNDARIES
AN EXPERT-LED CONFERENCE PROGRAMME
Keith McNeil, CCIO and Will Smart, CIO from NHS England will open conference proceedings, sharing their views on the growing importance of the roles of the CIO and the CCIO, highlighting key initiatives in the NHS that are really making a difference, and delivering their perspective on the major challenges as we move towards Paperless 2020.
The speaker faculty are experts in their field, who come to the event to share their real life experiences and give practical examples of how they have approached and delivered transformation.
- Ian Trenholm CEO of the NHS Blood and Transfusion Service on how new technology has been enlisted to transform the service
- Joanna Smith CIO from Royal Brompton and Harefield Foundation Trust about her role as an innovative disruptor
- Mahiben Maruthappu, founder of the Innovation Accelerator, talks about the key sector trends and the shares the latest news on the Innovation and Technology Tariff
- Indi Singh, Head of Architecture at NHS England, gives insight into the current challenges facing the development of a truly interoperable service within the NHS and beyond.
FIVE THEMES, THOUSANDS OF PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS TO PROPEL YOU TOWARDS DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
Integration & Interoperability
more streamlined way, and how interoperability is the key supporting this transformation of services.
services through the adoption of digitalisation. We will be holding Exemplar Panel discussions, where you can hear from
experts who have planned and implemented new care models and structures.
patients most at risk, reduce attendance levels at A&E, improve efficiencies and much more.
Infrastructure & Security
robotics and personalised medicine - all get a lot of media attention, but what does it really mean for heath and care services?
TECHNOLOGY PRIORITIES BY PANEL
Alongside a world-class speaker line up, you can attend high profile panel sessions to tackle key technology priorities.
- The Exemplar Panels chaired by Will Smart and Keith McNeil
- Informatics Workforce Professionalisation, chaired by Harpreet Sood, NHS England
- Digitalisation and Transformation in Primary Care, led by Alan McDermott
- Key Opportunities in Integrated Care, supported by the LGA and Andrew Fenton, Associate Director, Digital Transformation, NHS South, Central and West CSU
- Patient Data, chaired by Dr Alan Hassey, representing the National Data Guardians Office and supported by the Farr Institute
TSA SUMMER FORUM
Digital Healthcare hosts the TSA Summer Forum in the Technology Enabled Care Services Theatre. This will include a full 2 day programme of content focusing on promoting and assisting the technology enabled care industry.
The conference programme has been put together in partnership with Mark Large
Mark comes from a mixed background of public and private sector experience. He has led geographically dispersed teams of over 100 staff and has delivered significant change to multiple organisations. His achievements include:
- Elected Chair of London Health CIO Council where CIOs from all health settings, plus CCGs, CSUs, NHS Digital and NHS England discuss strategy (for two years to September 2016)
- Member CIO 100 list of the most transformative and influential CIOs in the UK business economy according to CIO Magazine in 2013, 14, 15 and 16
- Delivery of major strategic initiatives in informatics, organisation design and infrastructure across multiple organisations in both private and public sector
- Worked across care settings in the NHS from Acute to Community Care and Mental Health
- Led Technical Architecture and Server Technology Consulting Practices for Oracle UK